ALL IMAGES ROOSEVELT GROUP
It may be nearing the end of July, but we are just approaching the first official 30 days of summer. Craziness, I know. Maybe it’s me, but it’s been particularly hot in Columbus this summer! Per the forecast, it looks like we are supposed to be getting some slightly cooler weather here soon. I’m ready for it!
- A Versatile Easy Breezy Dress- During the summer, there’s nothing better than an easy breezy dress. It’s a great piece you can throw on for a dinner al fresco or meeting a girlfriend for lunch. Let’s not forget being able to throw on a denim jacket and a cool sneaker for some city exploring/attending an outdoor event. Perhaps the best thing about a breezy dress is how well it breathes. When shopping for pieces like this during the summer months, I like to specifically look for styles that are super duper lite weight. This particular dress is from J.Crew’s Point Sur collection and is 100% cotton. In addition to being lite weight, it has great movement and some fun color interest!
- Amazingly Good Bohemian Statement Jewelry- It goes without saying, but bohemian jewelry is majorly in right now. I like to call it more tropical bohemian though. A great way to make a summer statement is to reach for those jewelry pieces that have a hint of boho flare. Don’t be afraid to go big and bold! For me personally, I’m a sucker for massively oversized earrings and a good cocktail ring, both of which I was able to find while shopping at Polaris Fashion Place. I found these earrings at Francesca’s and the cocktail ring at Occasionally Your’s!
- A Unique Basket Bag- Basket bags began trending around last Spring and are still making headway. In the event you are curious, I do believe the trend is here to stay for a good while. Adding a basket bag is a great way to add dimension to your look. Also, it just screams SUMMER! When looking for your basket bag, look for a shape that has some interest. You truly want to find a unique shape! One of my all-time favorite basket bag shapes is the ark! I found this mini one at Saks Fifth Avenue and it’s Cult Gaia (who is pretty much the brand trendsetter for basket bags). If you are looking to snag a handbag like this for more of a steal and don’t mind the color black, you can also find this style at Francesa’s!
- A Stylish Slide- Slides, slides and more slides. Slides are definitely the summer sandal obsession for this year! I’m sure by now you’ve managed to acquire some kind of basic slide style. However, you need one with a little coolness. And by coolness, I mean you also need a slide with INTEREST. This style from Madewell presents interest in three ways: color, fabrication and detailing. This slide comes in multiple colors and is currently on major sale!
- A Cat Sunnie- From tiny angular specs to triangularly oversized, Cateye sunnies are most definitely a summer necessity. Depending on your personal style, you can go tiny or large! Also, because sunglass trends come and go so quickly, no need to splurge here. You can find them very affordable! I found this particular pair at Loft!
And there ya go my friends. 5 necessary staples for da end of summer! Which piece are you most excited to get your hands on? Let me know in the comment section below! Also, to get the inside scoop on what’s happening at Polaris Fashion Place, be sure to give them a follow on Instagram >>
Get The Look:
- J. Crew Point Sur Ruffle-Front Back Dress
- Cult Gaia Mini Gasis Ark Bag (from Saks Fifth Avenue)
- Francesa’s Pam Marbled Raffia Earrings
- Loft Metallic Cateye Sunglasses
- Kendra Scott Statement Cocktail Ring (from Occasionally Yours)
- Madewell Nadia Half-Bow Sandal
This post is kindly brought to you by Polaris Fashion Place. All thoughts and opinions remain my own.